Tocil woods
Image: Robin Stott / geograph.org.uk

Security increased after man caught “acting inappropriately” in Tocil Woods

Security on the University of Warwick’s campus has increased after a man was caught “acting inappropriately” in Tocil Woods.

Students reported seeing a man of “25-35 years of age” during the early hours of Thursday 3 October. Campus security and the police were contacted after the incident.

“The Security Team have increased their patrols of the footpath between Gibbet Hill and main campus – they have confirmed that no-one was directly approached during the incident,” an email to Biomedical Science students read.

“Please be vigilant, walk in groups wherever possible and report anything of concern to Security team.”

When contacted about the incident, the University told The Boar: “We have had a report of male person acting inappropriately in Tocil Wood last week. They were some distance away from the path up to Gibbet Hill.

“They did not make any attempt to engage in conversation with anyone and there was no other threat. Relevant authorities have been notified and Campus Security have increased patrols in the area.

“We advise all students or staff who wish to report any further sightings to Campus Security.”

To contact the 24-hour Control Centre for general enquiries, please call 22083 (internal) or 024 7652 2083 (from an external phone or mobile). For emergencies that may involve a fire, police or ambulances, phone 22222 (internal) or 024 7652 2222 (external). You can also email campus security via campussecurity@warwick.ac.uk.