- Founded in 1973, the Boar is the editorially independent students’ newspaper of the University of Warwick produced fortnightly during term time.
- It has won a number of awards, including five Guardian student media awards and eight National Student Journalism awards and has been recognised by Ones to Watch Media as one of the top student papers in the country.
- It is produced entirely by students, so is a trusted source of information on campus.
- It has extensive University news and sport coverage, intellectual commentary, and a wide range of features.
- It is in full colour tabloid format, typically 36-48 pages.
- The University of Warwick has over 22,000 full time students including 6000 international students.
- The Boar has a circulation of 3,000 copies, with additional copies printed for the Fresher’s Edition at the beginning of each academic year.
- Our distribution team position our papers in every academic building on campus and thousands of students walk past our distribution points each day.
- It has a readership of approximately 6000.
- Its website, theboar.org, receives around 120,000 views per month.
Booking an Advert
If you would like further information on advertising with the Boar and what it can bring to your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact name, email and number and our sales team will get back to you as soon as possible.
“A consistently high standard, like a fine regional newspaper with an outstanding magazine. The dedication of the staff to produce this newspaper on a weekly basis is incredible.”
Alan Rusbridger, editor of the Guardian; Janine Gibson, editor of Media Guardian; Jon Snow, Channel 4 News
“J.P.Morgan has worked with the Boar over the last few years and we have been very impressed by the quality of service we have received. Advertising for specific events using print and social media has increased the attendance and quality of students we are targeting and it has proved to be great value for money!”
“Working with the Boar this year has helped significantly increase our marketing audience. They have handled any issues with speed and professionalism, ensuring our advertising deal has been a success.”
Warwick Banking and Finance Society
“I am consistently impressed by the very high standards of accurate reporting and intelligent analysis that the Boar offers. It plays an essential part in the life of the University.”
Dr. Angela Hobbs, Associate Professor in Philosophy