Image: West Midlands Police

Police appeal for help identifying Warwick robbery suspects

Coventry Police have launched an appeal for assistance after hundreds of pounds worth of equipment was stolen from the University of Warwick. 

West Midlands Police confirmed that the thieves broke into a yard and stole a leaf blower worth £200 and cables worth £400 at 4:30pm on 13 May.  

Detectives are looking for those driving nearby at the time of the incident. 

We are especially keen to speak to anyone who was driving in the area at the time who may have dashcam footage or remember seeing the van pictured

Spokesperson for Coventry Police

A spokesperson for Coventry Police said: “We are looking to track down this van and its driver after equipment was stolen from The University of Warwick.  

“We are especially keen to speak to anyone who was driving in the area at the time who may have dashcam footage or remember seeing the van pictured.” 

In July 2022, a man was arrested on suspicion of burgling a compound at the University of Warwick and stealing thousands of pounds worth of power tools. 

In 2022, the crime rates per 1000 people for shoplifting and robbery in Coventry were 4.9 and 2.26 respectively, lower than the West Midlands average according to data analysis site CrimeRate 

However, Coventry was the worst city in the West Midlands for bicycle theft in December 2022. 

Enquiries regarding the theft in May are ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to contact the police via Live Chat or by calling 101, quoting crime number 20/432628/23.