Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick ranked top 100 for sixteen subjects in 2023 world rankings

The University of Warwick has been ranked as a top 100 university for 16 subjects and has placed in the top 25 for four, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.

The rankings rate 15,700 university courses at over 1,500 institutions in 93 countries around the world.

Statistics and Operational Research (16), Mathematics (19), Business and Management Studies (22), and Economics and Econometrics (22) were assessed to be among the best courses in the world.

Three additional subjects – English Language and Literature (26), Accounting & Finance (38) and History (45) – also ranked within the top 50.

Nine more were within the top 100. Modern Languages (56), Psychology (71), Computer Science and Information Systems (77), Sociology (79) were all given individual rankings, with Communication and Media Studies, Development Studies, Performing Arts, Philosophy, and Politics and International Studies all appearing in the ’51-100′ rating bracket.

The rankings address 54 different disciplines across a wide range of criteria, including academic peer review, faculty-student ratio, citations, and employer reputation.

We’re fortunate to have so many world-class academics and researchers at Warwick, and our state-of-the-art facilities and innovative approach to teaching means we continue to stand out

–Vice Chancellor Stuart Croft

The release of the rankings follows findings by the Research Excellence Framework, which judged last year that 92% of Warwick’s research was “world leading or internationally excellent”.

30 subjects taught at Warwick feature in this year’s list.

On their website, QS World University Rankings state that they are the “the most-widely read university rankings in the world”, which “name the world’s top universities for the study of 51 different subjects and five composite faculty areas”.

We have a vibrant student community here made up of people from over 124 countries who can rightly be proud of these results too

–Vice Chancellor Stuart Croft

Stuart Croft, Vice Chancellor of the University of Warwick said: “I’m proud to see Warwick is once again right near the very top of the global rankings in a number of subjects.

“We’re fortunate to have so many world-class academics and researchers at Warwick, and our state-of-the-art facilities and innovative approach to teaching means we continue to stand out and make a positive difference not only domestically but also on the global stage.

“We have a vibrant student community here made up of people from over 124 countries who can rightly be proud of these results too.”

These rankings follow a number of other high-profile successes in university rankings for Warwick. The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023 ranked Warwick as the ninth-best universities in the UK, while the Guardian’s University Guide 2023 placed it eighth.