Credits: Lucasfilm Games/EA

‘Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’ trailer has fans thriving with anticipation

After Respawn Entertainment’s decision to delay Star Wars Jedi: Survivor from its initial march release to a month later, fans have been eager to learn more about when the story takes place, and how the Mantis crew are doing since the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

In anticipation for the game’s newly-announced April 28th 2023 released date, EA and Respawn Entertainment published a new story trailer that gave glimpses of the game’s narrative and a new look at some returning faces. The trailer featured new story details, alongside some key artwork for the sequel to keep the fans satisfied.

When Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order first made its landing onto the video game scene it received raving reviews and positive fan receptions, as it brought an immersive and satisfying narrative – with arguably one of the best gameplay experiences of the Star Wars franchise. The first installment to this series saw the journey of Cal Kestis, a young padawan finding his path amidst the Empire’s rule and learning of the repurcussions of the events of Order 66.

Following these events, Cal is left with more questions than when the player is first introduced to him, seeking out the complex mythology of the Legendary Jedi Knights and finding his place in the galaxy that promises a better tomorrow. Jedi: Survivor continues Cal Kestis’ story five years after the events of the first game, in an “increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness.”

Here’s the rest of the game’s new story synopsis:

“The dark times are closing in as Cal Kestis seeks out a safe haven far from the reach of the Empire. Five years after the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, a more mature Cal Kestis must look beyond his lightsaber to find his destiny in the shadow of the Empire. Familiar friends and new allies – Cere Junda (Debra Wilson), Greez Dritus (Daniel Roebuck), Merrin (Tina Ivlev), and the newly introduced mercenary Bode Akuna (Noshir Dalal) – stand by Cal’s side against the Empire and galaxy’s most ruthless foes. Cal’s quest will take him to new planets and familiar frontiers in the Star Wars galaxy, including Koboh, which is the home of the Bedlam Raiders.”

Without going into the detail of the Official Story Trailer, the narrative promises a unique approach to the protagonist and main villain, as the complexities of different ideologies towards the respected Jedi Order are brought into question, causing an imbalance in Cal’s expectations and stance as a matured Jedi Knight and protector.

You can discover what fate the Mantis Crew holds when Star Wars Jedi: Survivor jumps into hyperspace on April 28, 2023 for Xbox Series X/S, Playstation 5 and PC.