Image: Warwick Media Library
Image: Warwick Media Library

Nominations for Warwick SU Spring elections open

Nominations have opened for the Warwick Students’ Union (SU) Spring Elections.

Students are able to stand for any of the Full-Time Officer positions, which are paid, as well as the seven unpaid Part-Time Officer positions.

The Full-Time positions are as follows: President, Education, Democracy and Development, Postgraduate, Welfare and Campaigns, Societies and Sport.

These officers lead the Students’ Union, representing the student interest at Warwick and providing a variety of services for the student community.

The Part-time positions are as follows: Disabled Students’ Officer, Environment and Ethics Officer, Ethnic Minorities Officer, LGBTQUA+ Officer, Trans Students’ Officer, Widening Participation Officer, and Women’s Officer.

These officers represent the interests of specific groups of students, running campaigns and raising awareness of the experiences faced by the students they represent.

There are many other roles to explore, so please have a look for something that interests you, nominate yourself and Make Your Mark

– SU President Will Brewer

The nominations opened at 09:00am on Monday 9 January, and will close at 12:00pm on Tuesday 7 February.

Any current student is able to apply for the posts, but anyone seeking election as a Part-time Officer must also be a student in the next academic year.

In an SU newsletter, SU President Will Brewer said: ‘The main headline this week is that nominations for Spring Elections are now open! It is at these elections that we vote for the future leadership of the SU, with our seven Full-time (paid) and seven Part-time Officers.

‘There are many other roles to explore, so please have a look for something that interests you, nominate yourself and Make Your Mark!’

Students can stand for a position on the Warwick SU website, or by following this link. Anyone with questions about the elections process is encouraged to visit the Democratic Services Office on the top floor of SUHQ, or to email democracy@warwicksu.com.