Image: Wikimedia Commons / Vauxford

Stagecoach reduces bus pass prices for University of Warwick students

Stagecoach has reduced the prices of the Unirider Student Bus Passes for services between Leamington Spa, the University of Warwick and Coventry. 

Stagecoach Midlands has confirmed to The Boar that termly and annual pass prices for students have been revised, with the three-term pass costing £300, compared to £340 in the 2019/2020 academic year.

The one-term bus pass now costs £120 and the annual pass for three terms and the summer holidays costs £370. After the product range was reviewed, Stagecoach removed the two-term bus pass, which was valid for the autumn and spring terms. 

A spokesperson for Stagecoach Midlands told The Boar: “All our singles, returns, weekly tickets remain unchanged.

“From the start of the new academic year we’ll continue to run route U12, up to every 15 minutes from Coventry to the University and routes U1/U2 up to every 7-8 minutes from Leamington.

“We have also expanded our network of routes this year and passengers can travel into University on route 60 which covers The Ricoh Arena, University Hospital Coventry & Warwick, Willenhall, Canley and a host of other locations.”

Last year, the bus company announced a £3.7 million investment in new buses for the University of Warwick. A new U12 service, connecting the University to Coventry, was implemented in January of this year.