plans
Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick’s post-coronavirus one “hell of a party” plans revealed

The Boar has gained access to the University of Warwick’s plans for its post-COVID-19 celebrations.

The celebrations were first mentioned in a video statement by vice-chancellor Stuart Croft, where he promised one “hell of a party”. This party has been framed by some to be the “event of the century” according to one bearded Warwick Students’ Union (SU) Sabbatical Officer who wished to remain nameless.

According to plans obtained by The Boar, the celebrations are due to last a whole week, with an event each day. There will also be themes that last the entire week.

There is due to be a POP!, on the Wednesday of the celebrations. The plans reveal that this POP! will be larger than before, encompassing both floors of the Copper Rooms and will have a photo booth included.

This event is to be preceded by the “the biggest circle ever seen”, encompassing a potential 500 students. There will be a pop up bar established to ensure that everyone is supplied with purple or its non-alcoholic equivalent.

Sources from Warwick’s Christian Union (WCU) have told The Boar that they will be upgrading their hot chocolate service to include a wide variety of hot food, including chips, kebabs, burgers and vegan alternatives.

There are also plans for celebrations during the day. The Food Fair is set to return on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Students will also be given a £20 voucher to credit cancelled Food Fairs from Term 3.

Many of the events are still in the very early preliminary planning stages, we are taking in any student suggestions and want to create a week of celebrations that cater for all

The celebrations are due to be concluded on the Saturday with an original performance from Warwick’s several theatre societies, titled Much Ado About Rolf, rumoured to be a reimagining of Shakespeare’s classic. It will include a guest appearance from a four legged campus celebrity.

The final event in the evening will be a University-wide bar crawl. While the details of this bar crawl have not been settled on, the prize for the winning team will be a WarwickEats Black card, which will grant the owners one free meal per day at any campus outlet.

There are also set to be common themes throughout the week. Terrace Bar and the Copper Rooms are set to have beer taps installed that can serve purple on draught.

In accordance with the University’s emphasis on climate responsibility, the Warwick Cup scheme will be expanding to involve all drinks purchased on campus. They will also be offering reusable pint cups that confer a 50p discount on every drink purchase.

One Social Secretary who has been involved in the planning said: “I was personally astounded by the scale of events that have been promised, the University has been dedicated to delivering a huge celebration.

“Many of the events are still in the very early preliminary planning stages, we are taking in any student suggestions and want to create a week of celebrations that cater for all.”

***You may have noticed that this article was published on 1 April and was in fact an April Fools. While there are currently no plans for one “hell of a party”, we hope you are all following social distancing guidelines so we can celebrate once this is all over!***