Image: Warwick Comedy

Warwick at the Fringe: Warwick Comedy present Comics Sans Experience

Warwick Comedy are back with their second show for the Edinburgh Fringe, this time a stand-up extravaganza, Comics Sans Experience.

What’s the concept?

Comics Sans Experience, already a hilarious title, is a stand-up comedy gig with a rotating group of Warwick stand-ups showing off their best 5-10 minutes of comedy material. We have quick-fire, alternative, narrative and musical stand-up comics so the bill is varied and there will be something for everyone.

How does the production show off Warwick drama to its best?

Having put on shows through the entire year for people to develop and practise their jokes, Comics Sans Experience showcases the best of stand-up comedy at Warwick. This broadens the range and demonstrates the talent which can be found within the Warwick dramatic community. For anyone who says stand-up isn’t dramatic, you should see the hecklers we get in Edinburgh! (And you can, if you’ve got a spare evening.)

Tell us about your cast. What makes them special?

Despite the, again very funny, title, our performers have had at least six months’ experience doing comedy shows and three of them progressed to the semi-final of the Chortle Student Comedy Competition this year. They are all unique and hilarious in their own ways with an insatiable desire to make you laugh even at the risk of their own sanity!

Sum up your show in three words.

Comics Sans Experience. Honestly, I cannot do better than the name of the show.

If your show was a Warwick landmark, what would it be?

The hot chocolate and biscuits outside Pop!, because it doesn’t cost anything and it’s a perfect way to end the night!

Where are you performing and when?

4-19 August, 11pm-12am in The Canon’s Gait, 232 Canongate, EH8 8DQ (Venue 78).

Top tip for making the most of/surviving the Fringe?

Be good: eat your vegetables, say your prayers and help as many pensioners across the street as you can. Because then, maybe, just maybe, you’ll have enough good karma that you won’t have to face a drunk Scottish heckler on the front row. I littered a ticket stub last year and paid the price for it…

Anything else we should know?

When in doubt about what to see, free comedy is your best bet at the Edinburgh Fringe.