Image: Flickr / Uri Baruchin

Free ice-skating rink coming to Kenilworth

Kenilworth will be offering a free ice-skating experience this Christmas, from Friday December 1 to Sunday December 3.

Talisman Square in Kenilworth will be home to the 12 metres by 12 metres wide ice rink, which has a capacity of 50 people. The ice rink will be free of charge and is part of the wider festivities that the town are organising for the Christmas period.

Throughout the weekend, there will be a whole host of events taking place within the town, starting on the evening of Friday December 1, where the lights on High Road are being switched on.

On Saturday December 2, there will then be a Christmas Market on Talisman Square, where visitors will have the opportunity to purchase local products. The festive weekend draws to a close on Sunday night, when the town will see it’s main Christmas lights on Warwick Road turned on.

Richard Hales, who is the Chair of the Kenilworth Christmas Lights Committee, stated: “We wanted to do something new for this year and thought that an ice skating rink would bring a little bit of magic to the town. There aren’t too many places that do outdoor ice skating rinks now, especially with Birmingham cancelling theirs, and there is definitely something special about an outdoor rink at Christmas.”

Mr Hales added: “We’re expecting it to be really busy and attract a lot of families to the town centre, particularly on the Saturday with the Christmas market at the square too, so it will be a family friendly space. I hope that people from in and around Kenilworth come down to enjoy a skate in the heart of the town over the three days.”