Chocoholic? You’ll love this gorgeously rich chocolate torte. January is over so it’s time to give up the gym membership and ditch the diet. Drizzle it with some fresh cream, and you can thank me later. Perfect Valentine’s day treat.
250g dark chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
550ml double cream
3 tsp orange zest
1. In a large glass mixing bowl, break the dark chocolate into small chunks and place them alongside a quarter of the cream and the syrup into the bowl
2. Put a little boiling water into a saucepan, and place the bowl on top so the gently heat from the water melts the chocolate. This is a super slow process and should take about 15 minutes, make sure you do not have it too hot because the chocolate will split.
3. With the remaining cream put it in another bowl, add the orange zest and whisk with an electric whisker or a fork until it turns thick and forms soft peaks.
4. Once whisked, gently mix the cream mixture into the chocolate mixture, slowly but surely!
5. Gently pour this into the tin, and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours
6. Decorate when raspberries and serve.