Ah, the humble porridge. Some say it is boring and others unite in the #porridgeporn revolution. Whatever crowd you follow, give this recipe a shot.
50g rolled oats
200ml milk or almond milk
1 small ripe banana, sliced
1 tbsp honey
Small handful of flaked almonds
Pinch of cinnamon to taste
pinch of sea salt
- Place the oats, milk and salt in a large heat proof bowl and pop in the microwave for 1 minute. (or alternatively, place them in a small pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often for 5 minutes)
- Remove it from the microwave, give it a good stir and place it back in the microwave for a further 1 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, gently heat the almonds until toasted and browned.
- Remove the porridge from the microwave (or the hob) and leave to stand for 1 minute.
- Top the porridge with fresh cinnamon, honey, toasted almonds and the sliced banana- enjoy!