Image: Kasbah / Facebook

Kasbah caught in sexism row over “Kiss Cam”

Kasbah Nightclub in Coventry have been accused of sexism over the “Kiss Cam” they are installing at their event tonight, November 11 2016.

In a post on Facebook they wrote of the “Kiss Cam”: “Rules are simple – get yourself on the big screen and neck on with anyone nearby for your chance to win some free drinks!”

They added: “Tag a mate who would neck on with a munter for a free drink!”

One female Warwick student commented on the post to highlight how it is problematic, writing: “Sorry, won’t be attending Kasbah on any night that this bs [bullshit] is going on, I’d rather enjoy my night without random drunk people trying to slobber all over me for their free drink… Kasbah this is a mess, sort yourselves out lol.”

She added: “It’s affecting quite a lot of people to run an event centred around kissing strangers without their consent for free drinks.”

One person responded to the student’s initial comment with: “To be honest luv I don’t think anybody would want to kiss you anyway”.

The Kasbah page, and indeed the owner of Kasbah, have both liked this response.

Noticing this, one person has commented: “Pretty disgraceful Kasbah has liked such a misogynistic comment.”

The student herself sarcastically reacted: “That’s nice, when a woman mentions the massive consent issues with your event and someone responds by insulting her appearance (boring & irrelevant), go ahead and like the comment. That’s really nice.”

Kasbah has been approached for comment.