Photo: geograph.co.uk

Kelsey’s closed for refurbishments

Kelsey’s Bar in Leamington Spa, a favourite amongst Warwick University students, is said to have closed for refurbishments.

The nature of the works being carried out is currently unconfirmed, as is the eventual date when Kelsey’s will re-open for business.

A ‘fire sale’ was held on Friday the 23rd of September to clear leftover alcohol, as prices were reduced to £2 for pints and shots.

The news will cause concern among clubs and societes as the bar is frequently the final stop on many Freshers’ bar crawls and socials.

The refurbishment follows another Warwick student favourite, the club Smack in Leamington, undergoing a revamp too.

I hope they remove the mould from the men’s toilets.

Billy Perrigo, third-year Warwick student

Billy Perrigo, a History finalist and frequent Kelsey’s dweller, commented: “Devastated to have come back to Leamington and not be able to go to the best dive bar going, but to be honest it’s probably overdue. I hope they remove the mould from the men’s toilets.

“But hopefully the refurbishment doesn’t change too much about the institution that we know and love.”

An employee of the establishment told The Boar: “It should be back up and running in time and it shouldn’t affect Freshers.”

Kelsey’s have been approached for comment and this article will be updated with more information then.