Exam season is basically done, but if you want a quick, healthy, and delicious baked treat, look no further.
If you’re trying to get in shape for summer but your snacking tendencies leave you crying into a pile of KitKat wrappers, this fruity, oaty bake is the perfect cure. With minimal prep time and maximum healthy goodness, you can pack your favourite fruits into this guilt-free dessert while maintaining that beach bod.
Ingredients for one person:
– 50g or half a cup of porridge/rolled oats
– 75ml milk (I used semi-skimmed but soya and nut milks work too!)
– 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
– 1 ripe banana (one half mashed, one half sliced)
– A few blueberries
– Sprinkle of cinnamon
– Vanilla essence (optional)
– Handful of pumpkin seeds, extra to sprinkle on top (optional)
– Yoghurt, nut butter or jam to put on top (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) In the meantime, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, except for the sliced banana and yoghurt.
3) Pour the mixture into either a small baking dish, a ramekin, or an oven-proof dish and bake for 20 minutes until the mixture becomes firm, crumbly and golden brown.
4) Remove it from the oven, dollop, on the yoghurt and sliced banana, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
5) Take a picture and send it to our instagram @BoarLifestyle.