Image: tobiaschames/ Flickr

Survey finds people who use emojis have more sex

A new Match.com survey has found that people who use emojis in text messages tend to have more active sex lives.

The annual dating survey polled 5,675 non-Match.com singles in America, using demographics that were representative of the national population and found the correlation between emojis and proportion of sexual activity.

The survey found that 54% of emoji users had sex in 2014, as opposed to the 31% of non-emoji using singles.

Also, the more emoji faces used, the more sex they tended to have.

Those who use emojis were also found to go on more dates, and are twice as likely to want to get married than those who did not use emojis.

Match.com’s Singles in America Survey, taken from the Time.com website

More entertainingly perhaps is the link the survey has made between women who use kiss related emojis and their ability to achieve orgasms easier with a familiar partner.

However it is unclear whether increasing one’s emoji use will immediately lead to greater chances in the bedroom.

Dr. Helen Fisher, the biological anthropologist leading the study, claimed that the reason for this connection lay in the desire to display tone in text messages.

“[Emoji users] want to give their texts more personality” and they create “another way to express emotions.”

Read more: Emoji as the Word of The Year? 

• Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not understanding anything fully, but this paragraph provides fastidious understanding yet.