Boar Sport Power Rankings: December

After taking seventh place in the Boar Sport’s first ever power rankings, nothing could stop the Men’s Football 1s surging to top spot this time around!

Stood at the highest point of Cryfield on a harsh winter’s day drooling over the Men’s Football 1st teams’ 5-0 demolition of East Anglia, one thing became glaringly obvious. Behind their brand of beautiful attacking Football, they are the best Warwick have to offer.

12575873_10205256452280813_287834664_n

It’s 50 goals and counting for prolific striker Andreas Kyprianou

The month of December saw the UWMFC 1’s enter a rich vein of form, ascending to the summit of the Midlands 2A division and quarter-finals of the Midlands Cup whilst posting some thoroughly impressive results along the way. Since the turn of the last Power Rankings they’ve scored a whooping 21 goals and conceded 0. They ended November with an ominous Pre-Varsity spanking of our inner city rivals Coventry before proceeding to hammer Staffordshire 10-0.

Their final win of the year over East Anglia solidified their rise to the #BoarPower top spot, and was at times poetry in motion. They were solid defensively and potent in attack behind the wing wizardry of Michael Rose and devastating finishing of Andreas Kyprianou which has now become the stuff of BUCS legend. He notched a quickfire second half hat trick to take his tally to 50 Warwick goals and put the final flourish on a remarkable few months for a team we can now rightfully proclaim to be the best side on campus.

Boar Sport Power Rankings

Results run from: 25 November 2015-11 December 2015

1. Men’s Football 1st Team

2. Warwick Snow

Our highest new entry, their cup victory at Val Thorens was Warwick Sport’s Christmas highlight.

3. Women’s Hockey 1s     W5     D0     L0

Undefeated in the league and cup, yet the hockey team are displaced at the top!

4. Mixed Golf 2s     W6     D0     L0

5-1 wins are just a regularity for these golfers, and they just don’t do losing either.

5. Men’s Football 4s     W4     D0     L0

4 league games played, 4 league games won. A goal difference of +19. Utter dominance.

6. Men’s Fencing 1s     W4     D0     L1

An away victory at Leicester, not something that’s happened so often in recent months.

7. Men’s Tennis 2s     W5     D1     L0

8-4 victories in their last three games, now that’s what I call consistency.

8. Women’s Fencing 1s     W3     D0     L0

3 on the bounce, beating Oxford and Loughborough on the very same day. If Carlsberg did away days…

9. Men’s Squash 2s     W3     D0     L2

5-0 in El Covico – against their 1s. ‘Ave that.

10. Men’s Badminton 2s     W3     D0     L1

Down one from our November rankings, the team remain in good form after sweeping past their Oxford opponents last time out.