Fancy a takeaway but too poor from the holidays? Check out Heidi Selwood’s tasty new recipe…
This recipe is perfect for when you’re craving noodles but can’t justify a takeaway because it’s just too expensive and unhealthy. You can jazz it up and use beef instead of chicken, or if you’re vegetarian then add some tofu or omit the meat all together. This is such an easy recipe and a real crowd pleaser (unless they are allergic to peanuts!) The best thing about it is that it won’t ruin your New Year diet, as it’s made with fresh ingredients and is completely healthy!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks (you can swap this for beef or tofu).
- 370g cooked egg noodles (you can get these in packets from Tesco, or buy them dried and cook yourself. If you require gluten-free food, you can buy rice noodles instead, they’ll be just as tasty)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ of a pack of stir fry vegetables
- Cooking oil
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (if you cannot have dairy then make sure you buy Whole Earth peanut butter as its dairy-free)
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 8 tbsp boiling water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or Tamari if you are gluten-free)
- In a large frying pan or wok, fry the onion and garlic in the cooking oil until soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl with a fork until combined and smooth.
- Add the chicken to the onion and garlic, and stir until cooked through.
- Then add the stir-fry vegetables and stir until soft.
- Finally, add the cooked egg noodles and sauce and stir until combined and hot.
- Snap a cheeky picture and send it over to our Instagram @BoarLifestyle.
- Serve with a lime slice and enjoy!