Winter woes: A Christmas fitness diary

“Loosely” inspired by real events

Mince Pie

Nothing like a wonderful mince pie. Nothing like 7 wonderful mince pies either…

17 December 2015

Out Christmas shopping for clothes, i’ve put on a bit of weight. I should get fit over the holiday, definitely.

25  December 2015

It’s Christmas day, no need to think too much about exercise today. I’ve got tons of chocolate and a massive dinner to look forward to. If I can’t stuff myself today, when can I?

26 December 2015

I feel stupidly bloated after Christmas dinner, that was a mistake and a half. Had a quick look at my local gyms online. I could do with the gym, work off a few extra pounds. It’ll be fun! A new year, a new me. I’ll take up a new sport, maybe. I’ve always fancied rowing, perhaps – this’ll be the year I do it, I know.

Chrimbo dinner

The table of all evils: Christmas dinner, where dreams of a good Christmas diet go to die.

31 December 2015

One last day of partying, and then I’m ready for a new, healthier me. I’ve made my New Year’s resolution. I’m going start working out, exercising more and become healthy. I’m going to feel all the better for it. For too long, I’ve been lounging on my bum all day, eating crap and watching TV. It all changes tomorrow. Christ, I’ve even bought a set of dumbbells.

New YEAR!

Brace Yourself

1 January 2016

Healthy day. I got up early, stretched at home and did tons of exercise. Then, a jog to the gym followed by a half an hour workout . I feel so good. Finished with a smoothie and checked through the gym catalogue. Loads of stuff. I might sign up to: Zumba, aerobics, even yoga. I’m so pumped. If I feel this good after only one morning, who knows how fit I’ll be in a week, or a month?

2 January 2016

My limbs are on fire! I’ve never felt pain like this before. I may leave working out today… After all I can barely walk.

4 January 2016

After my last experience, I may hold off on the gym for a while, just to be safe. Note to self: see if you can regift dumbbells.

I mean, what even is Zumba?

6 January 2016

You can’t get money back on gym memberships – what a joke. The footie’s on the telly – it’s better to watch than play anyway, especially when it’s this cold outside. Pah, resolutions are made to be broken. I mean, what even is Zumba?

……..

15  December 2016

Christmas is coming. I really should try to get fit this year….