Wheel-to-wheel racing is guaranteed at Interlagos.

The Boar Sport Weekend Preview: 14-15 November

Shingi Mararike

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Opener: Novak Djokovic (1) vs Kei Nishikori (8) – Sunday, Sky Sports 3, 12 pm, BBC 2, 2 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aibK37rHbbk

It’s that time of the year again. The sparkliest tennis tournament on earth: The ATP World Tour Finals, have returned to London. Since the end of season competition relocated to the O2 Arena in 2009 we’ve been treated to some classic tussles. The tournament’s recent history has been littered with memorable matches. With the top eight players in the world in attendance, you can expect more high quality encounters. The event kicks off this Sunday with a tasty clash between World Number 1 Novak Djokovic and 8TH ranked Japanese star Kei Nishikori. Djokovic has looked unstoppable of late, sweeping into the Barclays off the back of 4 tournament wins in a row, making him a firm favourite to take home his 5th World Tour Finals crown. Winning his round robin group and indeed the competition will be no easy feat. His first group stage opponent Kei Nishikori plays an explosive brand of slashing baseline tennis that saw him down Andy Murray in the exact same match last year before making it to the semi-finals, where he eventually fell to Djokovic in three sets. His entertaining firststrike game up against the athletic excellence of the World Number 1 should make for an entertaining start to what is always a thoroughly enjoyable tournament.

The undisputed world no.1, Novak Djokovic

The undisputed world no.1, Novak Djokovic.

James Roberts

Formula One: The Brazilian Grand Prix – Sunday, BBC 1, 3.20 pm

This weekend Formula One zooms into Brazil as the teams and drivers arrive at the Interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo. The track has hosted some of the sport’s most memorable races down the years, from Ayrton Senna’s first victory on home soil in 1991 to Lewis Hamilton winning the world championship on the very last lap of the season in 2008. Although Hamilton already has his hands on this year’s title there is still plenty to play for. The British driver has never won in Brazil and standing on the top step of the podium at the home of his icon Senna would mean that little bit extra. Elsewhere, his team-mate Nico Rosberg emerged victorious in Mexico two weeks ago and will be keen to deprive the world champion once again. There is also an intriguing battle shaping up between Finnish drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Valtteri Bottas. The pair crashed into each other in Mexico and with the drivers just three points apart in the standings a repeat could be in store. Add into the mix the unbridled passion of the Brazilian crowd and this race should not disappoint.