Photo: Anna/ Flickr

New Warwick Conferences centre: The Canvas

Warwick Campus will be the host of a new and fifth conference centre predicted to open in the Autumn of 2016.

Warwick Conferences’ plan is to dedicate £5.3 million of investment into 650 square metres of versatile space. 

The architectural idea for the venue, and its creative use, will make it a novelty in comparison to the other Warwick Conferences centres.

Beyond the possible meeting and exhibition space, it will host 479 bedrooms with catering and self-catering options and a lake-view surrounded by Warwick University’s greenery.

Although The Canvas will occupy some of Warwick’s landscape and nature, it will be built using highly sustainable construction standards as one of Warwick conferences’ ongoing environmental initiatives.

The project for the new building emphasizes its potential as flexible, and customizable to experiences a client would envision. 

The concept is that of “an uncompromised, contemporary and striking space that will give clients a complete blank canvas for their event” comments Head of Conference centres Richard Harrison, on the Warwick Conferences web-page.

Richard Harrison emphasizes that “demand for high capacity, high quality, genuinely flexible event space is rising and there are few venues that can meet all these requirements in Central England currently”, which motivated the new endeavor.

Harrison also regards “the prestige of being a part of a globally respected university as being yet another factor that attracts clients to the Warwick Conference centres.