The Boar Sport Weekend Preview: 17-18 October

Sam Nugent

Football: Orlando City vs NYCFC

Start spreading the news, Lamps, Pirlo, Villa and co are heading to the home of Mickey Mouse to fight for their place in the Eastern Conference play-offs. Squaring up to Ricardo Kaka’s Orlando, themselves also just outside the play-offs, the New Yorkers are looking to make their debut season as an MLS franchise one to remember. The most recent fixture between these clubs was without exaggeration one of the best games I’ve ever seen, ending 5-3 to NYCFC with the final goal finishing a delicious counter-attack from Kaka’s post-hitting free kick. With all this great football from an improving league aired so late at night, I, like New York, never sleep. Sky Sports, Saturday 12am

Kaka

The main man: Kaka will spearhead Orlando’s attack this weekend

Football: Spurs vs Liverpool 

Klopp-mania is the biggest wave of excitement to hit Merseyside since the Beatles and, whilst money can’t buy you love or John Stones, the charismatic German certainly has his work cut out to get the best out of an expensively assembled, but underperforming Liverpool side. The reds will need every bit of Klopp’s famous attention to fitness to have any chance of their tough run of fixtures unscathed, but with Chelsea’s much publicised struggles there could be a top four space up for grabs. Top four rivals Spurs provide the first challenge, whilst Champions Chelsea and Champions elect Manchester City make up a challenging first five games for the former Dortmund boss. Take the stage, Jurgen. The world is watching. BT Sport, Saturday, 12pm 

Jürgen Klopp FSV Mainz 05 Foto: Jung Presse&Bilderdienst Jürgen Jung Zur Louismühle 15 66359 Bous Tel: 01733125894 Bankverbindung: KSK Saarlouis Blz: 59350110 Kn: 247393457 Miglied beim Deutsche-Fotojournalisten e.V. DFJ

Will Klopp be raging this weekend?

[divider]

Shingi Mararike

Boxing: Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux

Imagine getting hit by a brick, flattened by cement and gored by a bull simultaneously. That’s what it feels like being punched by the Kazakh boxing superstar Gennady Golovkin. The smiling assassin has laid claim to the title of the most dangerous man in boxing gloves, boasting the highest knockout ratio in the history of the Middleweight division. In the early hours of Sunday afternoon Golovkin faces his biggest challenge to date in David Lemieux, a Canadian slugger with a record of 34 wins and 2 losses. In his first ever outing as a pay-per view headliner, “GGG” will look to send yet another challenger to sleep and enhance his burgeoning reputation. Boxnation, Sunday, 2am 

Golovkin

Tennis: Shanghai Masters Semi-Final: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

War. Every time Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic take to opposite ends of the tennis court, the sport takes on new levels of intense physicality as the duo born a week apart run each other into the ground. The looming semi-final showdown is the pair’s 28th meeting in the professional game. Although the season is drawing to a close and the dust is settling on another arduous year of tennis, you can bet your bottom dollar Djokovic and Murray will fight tooth and nail for a place in the final of the biggest tennis tournament in Asia.  Sky Sports 3, Saturday, 1pm

Murray