The Boar Sport Weekend Preview: 10-11 October

For the the first time in Boar Sport history we bring to you the Weekend Preview. A look ahead to the biggest and best sporting action of the weekend courtesy of the greatest duo since Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole, Shingi Mararike and Sam Nugent. Sport and Deputy Sport Editors. This is your chance to salivate over the sporting greatness on the horizon before you even touch that Sky remote.

Sam Nugent 

darts

Grand Prix Darts

One of the biggest and best tournaments on the PDC circuit, the Grand Prix’s unique rule of players both starting and finishing on doubles often leads to major upsets. Thirteen-time champion Phil Taylor and one-time champion James Wade have already been knocked out in the early rounds, so going into the weekend the race for the title remains wide open. It may not be Monte Carlo or Toyko, but Dublin has the best Grand Prix for darts fans. Saturday, Sky Sports 1, 8:30 pm  

British Masters Golf

Mute button worthy: Ian Poulter

Mute button worthy: Ian Poulter

Returning to the European Tour after a seven year absence, the British Masters is a favourite of many fans. Hosted by Ian Poulter at Woburn, the tournament is going a long way to regain prestige for European game, which is often dismissed in the shadow of the massive PGA Tour. My mute button may take a hit when Poulter gives his inevitably arrogant masterclass talks, but the golf on show makes it still well worth a watch.  Saturday, Sky Sports 4, 11:30am

[divider]

Shingi Mararike 

Rugby World Cup: Wales v Australia

With England dead and buried, their conquerors are set to clash at the home of English Rugby with the top spot in the group of death up for grabs. What a slap in the face. Australia looked stunning last weekend trampling our beloved roses at Twickenham and victory over the Wallabies may be a bridge too far for Warren Gatland’s injury hit side. Saturday, 7:45pm, ITV 1

Twickenham

European Championship Qualifier: Wales v Bosnia

Popular culture hasn’t been this Welsh since Tom Jones gyrated on stage to the tune of Sexbomb. Propelled by the guile of Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale, their footballers are on the brink of qualifying for a major championship for the first time in 57 years. Tom Jones was still alive then if you were wondering.  Saturday, 7:45pm, Sky Sports 2

Wales