Boar Sport Club Files: Golf

Swing easy and just nail one

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

CLUB FILES LOGO

Advice to incoming freshers

Any keen golfers are more than welcome to trial out for the competitive squad. For the more casual player looking to improve and meet other students of a similar standard our Social Golf membership is perfect. Our socials are for absolutely anyone who wants to get involved with the society! Come and say hello at sports fair Tuesday 6th October –we’re a friendly bunch!

Targets for next season

To improve on finishing second in both leagues and to win the Conference Cup… Oh and beat Birmingham and Leicester of course.

Training times and venues 

We hold range sessions on Monday evenings (7pm pick up from campus) at John Reay Golf Centre in Coventry and we played our matches last year at Coventry Golf Club Warwick golf suited

Club President

Nick Robinson

Number of members 

60

[divider]

Teams and Competitions

Number of teams 

Two competitive BUCS Teams

Golf Captains: Jack Shepherd and Tom Butterworth

Social

Biggest Club Social 

We’re the only society on campus who well and truly knows how to do Pub Golf Men's golf social– one of our first socials at the start of the year! The best social of the year is tour of course… Edinburgh 2015 was an absolute blast even with the fashionable polo shirts!

Club BNOC (Big name on Campus)

Not sure we have one, working on it though

[divider]

Charity

We raised over £1000 in one day in aid of Macmillan Cancer Care! 12 club members took part in a 72 hole endurance challenge in June at Coventry Golf Club. Perhaps next year we can go one round better and try 90 holes?

golf charity