Photo : lydia_shiningbrightly / Flickr

Police appeal for witnesses after woman assaulted in Leamington Spa

A 22 year-old woman has been assaulted by two men in Leamington Spa, the police have confirmed through an appeal for witnesses.

The assault occurred between the hours of 10:30pm and midnight on Thursday 9 July.

In a post by the victim’s mother on Facebook – which has since been removed – photos of the severe facial and head injuries that the woman received were visible.

The post also detailed how the two men attempted to drag the victim into a car, which was said to be silver in colour.

The first suspect is described as white with short blonde hair. The second is of a mixed heritage background with hair in the popular short, back and sides style.

Kieren Bodill, operational communications assistant for Warwickshire Police, stated in the appeal: “The victim had been doing relief work and doesn’t know the town that well, but it is believed that the offence had taken place between the rear of Parish Church, and the High Street, Althorpe Street and Court Street area.”

He continued: “Police are urging anyone who may have been in the area at the time, may have witnessed the incident or have information regarding it, to contact Warwickshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 62 of 10th July.”

“Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website crimestoppers-uk.org.”