Pokémon Insurgence – a fanmade pokémon game

It’s a good time to be a Pokémon fan – Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby are just around the corner, allowing gamers to relive their journeys through Hoenn. 

Players will be able to enjoy the classic adventure whilst exploring further into the mystery of Mega Evolution and unlocking the secrets of Primal Reversion. All the old features are back – the ability to make secret bases and Pokéblocks among them.

However, if you don’t have a 3DS, then you could voyage into the darkest realms of the internet and find another new release, Pokémon Insurgence. If you’re familiar with Pokémon Zeta and Omicron, it is essentially a new version of them – a Pokémon game playable on your computer with all the perks of a console experience and the added backdrop of a Reddit community of support if you so require it.

Screen_Shot_2014-08-20_at_2.55.33_PM

There are options to incorporate the built-in challenge modes throughout the game – things such as Nuzlocke, Randomizer and Egglocke – and the game promises to be challenging, forcing gamers to use their brains in order to progress.

As fun as the Pokémon games are, the trickiest non-battle moments are often simple rock pushing puzzles in caves. There will also be an engaging story – the previous instalment pitted the hero against a terrorist organization exploiting the power of Pokémon to become Gods and Insurgence promises to be equally gripping.

In regards to the Pokémon themselves, we have been promised all 721 of the little guys and, as the game runs on Generation 6 mechanics, we will get Mega Evolutions, Fairy-types – anything you’d be used to from X/Y. There will be three starters, apparently all fairly unexpected – the previous games had Bellsprout, Magby and Horsea, to give you some idea of what we’re dealing with.

The official page is unsure about whether it will include Fakemon – I’m hoping not, as I feel it would clash a bit too much with the realistic vibe they’re aiming for – and Delta Pokémon, taken from the trading card game and a carry-on from Zeta/Omicron. Moreover, your chosen companion will follow you throughout the game, echoing Pokémon Yellow and undoubtedly pleasing many fans in the process.

At the moment, a release date is to be confirmed, but a demo is likely to be up online soon – the makers are hoping it will be up before November 21. It looks to be as close to without limits as a Pokémon game will achieve – it will not be plagued by region locks, for example – and the team behind it are promising so much that I feel any Pokémon fan would be missing out if they chose to ignore it.

If Insurgence is anything like Zeta/ Omicron, you will not be disappointed, and the interaction with the creators promises a Pokémon fan game like never before. [divider_top]

Images: pokemoninsurgence.wikia

new_twitter_logoWould you play a fan made Pokémon title? Tweet @BoarGames

• jjjfhfhfshfsdhfdskjhfdhgdsfhgsdjhsdfjhdsfghjdfsghdsfghdfsjhgfhjgfjhtehbhgfhjkghjfgfuygfjhfdjhgdfjsdhgfgffgyufdhfdsjfhfhfjkhfkjshdfkjhgiufdhfskdhfhkjfhfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcccccxvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbgdddddddddddddddddddfhhhhhhhhhhettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuml.xmjlkxjv92/hjjfdhjhgkjdhkjfdhgh