Warwick Summer Party presents… Foxes

Continuing our series of Summer Party artist profiles, Boar Music gives you the lowdown on the Grammy-winning, Southampton-born singer-songwriter Louisa Rose Allen, a.k.a Foxes.

Owing her stage name to a dream her mother told her she’d had (presumably involving some bushy-tailed canids), Allen once aspired to training as a beauty therapist before moving to London, where she attended the Institute of Contemporary Performance. The singer’s breakthrough came with a guest vocal feature on Germany electro producer Zedd‘s track ‘Clarity’, which reached the top 10 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and sold double platinum in Australia. This international success was followed up with the appearance of ‘Youth’, her debut single under the Foxes moniker, on the soundtrack of teen T.V. drama Gossip Girl.

Some work with Fall Out Boy and an avalanche of ‘Youth’ remixes later, Foxes released her debut full-length album Glorious this year on RCA. The record spawned another hit, ‘Let Go for Tonight’, which brought Allen her first top 10 chart success in her homeland.

Having won plaudits the world over with her lustrous, singalongable odes to youthful hedonism, Foxes now brings her upbeat pop anthems to Warwick’s Summer Party on the 22nd June. If you’re already a fan, then we imagine we’ll see you there! If the name is new to you, however, we’ve provided a taste of what you can expect from Foxes below: