24 Live Another Day Series Blog: 17.00-18.00

Previously on 24: Live Another Day, Agent Navarro was revealed to be a mole, Kate Morgan was tortured and Simone Al-Harazi was hit by a bus. The drama continues to increase this week with Jack Bauer dodging drones, an attempted murder, and President Heller’s fate looking bleak.

Source: grantland.com

Source: grantland.com

One of the big plot twists from ‘4.00pm-5.00pm’ was Simone being hit by a bus. However, it is revealed in the opening shots that she is, in fact, alive. Jack and Kate quickly find out about the incident through Chloe and rush to the hospital to try and speak with her. Margot, however, also finds out and, instead of being worried about her daughter, is concerned about the police being involved. She then sends someone to find out where exactly in the hospital Simone is so she can send a drone to eliminate the possibility of her daughter talking stating, “She’s betrayed me once. I won’t let her do it again.” Jack, however, sees Margot’s associate and finds out her plan at the last moment, causing the hospital to be evacuated. As a result, the drone causes minimal casualties. Jack and Kate subsequently bundle Simone into a car in an effort to try to dodge Margot’s drones. The show sticks to the formula that 24 knows best with a situation literally being a race against time with Jack saving the day at the last second. This sequence catapults Margot up the ranks of 24 villains due to the sheer levels that she will go to in order to get her revenge, even if it means killing her own family. A million miles away from Catelyn Stark, Michelle Fairley is proving a fantastic fit for 24.

“She’s betrayed me once. I won’t let her do it again.”

Another plot twist from last week was the revelation of the mole, and this week appeared to reveal another one – Adrian, Chloe’s boyfriend. It was clear that there was something not quite right about him when he tried to get Jack arrested outside of the US embassy but him working with Navarro? Completely out of the blue. It is twists like this that set 24 apart from any other thriller TV programmes as literally no character can be trusted. Navarro also, in true mole form, tries to bump off those who are close to discovering their secret. Analyst Jordan Reed (Giles Matthey) becomes this very character as Navarro sends him to go and pick up some information where he is, instead, shot. At the end of the episode, he climbs out of the river into which he fell, posing an interesting situation for the upcoming episodes.

Source: 24spoilers.com

Meanwhile, in the aftermath of MI5’s failed mission to stop Jack Bauer, the Prime Minister and President’s alliance appears volatile – heightened by the revelation of PM Davies knowing of Heller’s illness. Moreover, from a political standpoint, both are left close to being exposed by the attacks on London that Margot Al-Harazi is promising. The tension mounts further with Heller claiming that he will resign from office if his health hinders him. Later in the episode, Heller says to Audrey and Mark that when they get back to Washington, the transition of him stepping down will begin. Moreover, Heller may also be falling into the same trap as President Taylor did in season 7 as it appears that he has no other option but to turn himself over to Al-Harazi in order to prevent London being attacked.

Week after week, Live Another Day has been taking it up a notch and linking characters and subplots together in a way that only 24 can. With the time jump still to come, there are hints that the remaining episodes will be more explosive than ever before.