Warwick Business School is ranked 1st in UK. Photo: Warwick Media Library.

WBS ranked top in UK

Warwick Business School’s distance learning MBA has been ranked 1st in the UK and 2nd in the world in the Financial Times’ new online MBA league table.

The ranking was calculated based on WBS graduates from three years ago and their career progression since taking the degree, as well as the quality of the degree delivered by WBS.

The league table was formulated based on four main areas: career progress, programme diversity, idea generation and online delivery. In all four categories WBS was ranked very highly, achieving first place in nearly all fields.

In response to this achievement, Dean of WBS, Professor Mark Taylor, urged “the quality of our distance learning MBA is identical to the quality of our full time MBA”.

Professor Taylor added, “We recognise that reputation matters, and rankings contribute to our reputation. We relentlessly pursue excellence in both teaching and research, and it is this effort, together with the successes of our talented and ambitious graduates, that is reflected in our strong performance in the rankings.”

The success of the distance learning MBA was ranked 1st in the UK by QS in 2012 and in 2014, and the new FT ranking compliments the already successful full-time MBA which is currently ranked 25th in the world.