More high rankings for WBS

**Warwick Busines School (WBS) ranks 13th among 80 European schools in the _Financial Times_’s ‘European Business Schools 2012’, a rise of five places compared to last year’s ranking.**

Third in the UK, WBS ranks only behind London Business School and Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, which take the third and 12th place respectively.

The ranking compares Full-time MBA, Executive MBA, MSc in Management, and Executive Education programmes of the schools, taking salaries today, salaries increase and the component of faculty as the main factors into consideration.

Professor Mark Taylor, Dean of WBS, remarked: “I am glad that all the hard work we have put into improving our programmes and the student experience is starting to show in our performance in business school rankings.

“Our mission is to be the leading university-based business school in Europe, and although the various rankings can be volatile, our overall upward trend over the past year is good news.”

WBS students are also pleased with the improved ranking of the school.

“Better reputation of the school tends to bring better jobs for us,” said Matt Hollingsworth, MSc Finance student, who also admitted that ranking was important for him to consider where to study.

“There are positive effects, but they will be very limited,” commented Diana Sui, MSc Business Analytics and Consulting student from China. “I’m going to hunt for jobs back in China. And the Chinese employers wouldn’t care about things like rankings of European schools.”

PhD student in Information System and ManagementSpyros Angelopoulos noted that the teaching staff was the crucial factor for him to choose institutions instead of ranking.

He said: “I came to Warwick because I wanted to do my PhD with a certain professor who proved to be the best supervisor for my work, and I believe Warwick will improve its ranking place in the future by recruiting outstanding professors and students

“But ranking is still an important criterion for schools. And I believe Warwick will improve its ranking place even better in the future by recruting better professors and students.”