COMPETITION – Win Splat Uni cards

Reenergised and juiced up for the new year, Splat Uni (Students Pay Less At Uni) has big ambitions. Started five years ago by Coventry University graduate Tom Smith, it has refocused its sole attention on Warwick University offering numerous discounts to students.

Yours for £10, the discount card entitles you to sizeable savings on things such as eating out, gym memberships and nightclub entry in Leamington and Coventry.

Account manager and partner, Tom Watson views the card as honing a ‘tailored and premium experience’ for students, enlisting local businesses that ‘bring something to student lifestyle’.

Take Leamington’s gourmet frozen-food outlet, Cook for example. Splat Uni has secured 10 per cent off their home cooked products and directs the kitchen-shy to the newly set up franchise. It is also onto its second year of a partnership with the Leamington estate agent, Heritage Properties promoting choice accommodation on its website at [splatuni.com](http://www.splatuni.com). Letting a student property from them will earn you moreover a free card. Watson attributes this good relationship with business to being ‘more experienced in the market’, which has helped them to see off other competition in recent years.

The venture, he believes ‘took off more at Warwick. We wanted to bring it back, streamline it.’

Splat Uni hope to assert themselves as a mainstay here and eye an expansion to other universities and surrounding student towns in the near future. Aware of their greater popularity among second and third years, they have taken steps to raise their profile amongst freshers and the campus contingent.

One of these has been a current drive for Brand Reps. In return for your trusty efforts, Splat Uni offer commission for every card sold, recommendations on LinkedIn and free guestlist any night of the week. Watson underscores the card’s flexibility – ‘you get as much out of if as you put in (…) there’s no limit to how much you can earn.’ They are also pursuing similar initiatives within sports clubs and societies.

The card is on the lookout to expand its repertoire. Businesses advertise without charge and further marketing options do exist for greater coverage. Watson holds as his ‘proudest coup’ the strong relationship the card has with Smack nightclub – who own other popular haunts such as Evolve, The Duke and Pure health club. Your Splat Uni card indeed entitles you to an unprecedented free guestlist at Smack, Evolve or Moo any night of the week. You must register beforehand online and present your card at the door. Spots whilst plentiful are limited however.

The Boar has teamed up with Splat Uni to give away 20 free Splat Uni cards. If the wide savings appeal to you, all you need to do to enter the competition is like the _Boar’s_ Facebook page and share the relevant status publicly. You must be a Warwick student.

The competition ends on 16 October at 23:59. Winners will be chosen at random and announced via Facebook on Wednesday 17 October.