Garden/ Image: Pexels
Image: Pexels

Plough your way into garden glamour

Relocate from the metallic going-out tops because the must-have style for spring is blooming right out of the flower beds. That’s correct – the whimsical and natural ‘garden girl’ look is the epitome of style for fashion enthusiasts.

Don’t worry if you don’t have a green thumb – even those of us who took up farmhouse activities during the pandemic and murdered the beginnings of our sourdough may develop some garden girl vibes. The secret is to embrace materials and designs that are taken directly from Mother Nature’s runway.

The enormous, floppy sun hat is the pièce de résistance

The garden girl comes in two varieties: the green-thumbed and the garden glamour girl. The green-thumbed girl is all about function over frills when it comes to her garden-ready garb. Her carefree, easygoing style is perfect for working hard in the flower gardens.

A must-have item is loose-fitting, worn-in trousers that allow you to freely bend, squat, and scramble through the foliage. This easygoing uniform may be made can be formal or as informal as necessary for the task at hand when paired with a basic t-shirt or button-down shirt. The shoes of choice are athletic Birkenstocks or sturdy, well-worn clogs, with sturdy straps and thick soles that can withstand muddy situations.

However, the enormous, floppy sun hat is the pièce de résistance. “I could spend all day pruning roses and potting seedlings if you’d let me!” exclaims this statement piece with shading. Its wide brim shields the face of the green-thumbed wearer from direct sunlight, and adds a glamorous touch to gardening. With her pragmatic yet stylish outfit, this earthy girl exhibits easy elegance, even with dirt beneath her nails.

While the green-thumbed garden girl embraces functional fashion, another variety prefers to admire the blooms from a pretty, pristine distance. She’s the glitzy version of the garden girl – a picture of romance who plays in the wildflowers without a care with her floating white linens and dreamy floral designs.

Her style is elegant and whimsical. It’s like walking into a pastoral painting. A delicate, vintage-inspired beauty is added by the whispers of lace and broderie anglaise embroidery, accompanied by billowing ruffled sundresses in delicate flowers. She turns across meadows, her flowing gowns floating in the mild air like a picture-perfect English garden.

There’s something so refreshingly simple yet beautiful about embodying an appreciation for the outdoors through your personal style

The trendiest Instagram influencers would approve of the dramatic hair accessories created from knotted headscarves. Wearing strappy sandals and a stylish woven bucket bag to carry around romantic poetry books, the glamorous garden girl creates an ensemble that may rival the most breathtaking sunset over the hedgerows. She is able to view the beauty of nature through rose-coloured glasses.

You may relate deeply to the garden girl aesthetic because you find a great deal of tranquillity and grounding in nature. There’s something so refreshingly simple yet beautiful about embodying an appreciation for the outdoors through your personal style. Keeping a serene, earthy mood in mind while designing your wardrobe is the essence of the garden girl look. It’s a departure from the constant rush and demand of modern life. You can mentally travel to a calmer state of mind by slipping into a flowy linen dress, a canvas gardening apron, and well-worn clogs. In this state, the most important thing is to keep your hands in the ground and surround yourself with greenery.

Slow weekends could see you as the flamboyant girl, lazing in the soft light wearing a snow-white sundress with delicate embroidered flowers. Most of the time, though, you may embrace your inner earthy garden lady and wear useful items that need genuine upkeep and trimming. Faded overalls covered in potting soil stains, a beloved pair of Birkenstock clogs to prevent sinking in muddy patches, and a boxy man’s shirt from the thrift store that you can sweat in. This easygoing, no-frills outfit frees your thoughts to interact fully with a nurturing nature.

Embracing the garden girl aesthetic to the fullest will enable you to enjoy and establish a stylish connection with nature, whether you’re a grounded gardener or a beautiful traveller. It’s an acceptance of beauty in its purest, simplest form, and a rejection of the limited, excessive, and artificial.