Image: Wikimedia Commons, Jaggery

Call for witnesses following Leamington rape

Warwickshire Police have called for witnesses after a woman was raped in Leamington.

It was reported that the incident occurred in Ford Fields, close to Queensway, on Wednesday 3 January between 9pm and 9:30pm.

A man, aged 29, has been arrested on suspicion of rape in connection with the incident.

Following the initial report, there was a large police presence in Leamington as multiple officers were called to the area and a police helicopter was seen flying around the town throughout the night.

Any information you may have could really help

Detective Chief Inspector David Andrews, Warwickshire Police

Warwickshire Police have assured that they are supporting the victim: a woman in her 20s.

They have also placed a large cordon around Ford’s Fields, warning residents that there will be a heightened police presence around Queensway as officers continue to conduct their investigation.

However, there is not believed to be a wider threat to the community, and the man who was arrested currently remains in police custody.

In a message reassuring the public and appealing for witnesses, the police have called for anyone who witnessed the events or has any information that is relevant to the investigation to speak with officers.

Detective Chief Inspector David Andrews, the current leader of the investigation, said:

“I would urge anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information that could help with our ongoing investigation to speak with our officers or get in touch with the force.

“Any information you may have could really help.”

Information can be reported online here, or to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling the number 0800 555 111 and quoting incident numbers 354 of 3 January.