Image: Wikimedia Commons

University of Warwick awarded three Golds in government teaching rankings

The University of Warwick has been rated Gold in three categories by the Teaching and Excellence Framework (TEF).

On 28 September, the University was awarded Gold ratings in student experience, student outcomes, and for the overall assessment. Alongside this, Warwick was rated ‘Outstanding’ by the TEF.

From a total of 228 universities and colleges that took part in the assessment, Warwick was one of only 26 that was awarded Gold in all three areas. The triple Gold was only achieved by three other Russell Group universities: Oxford, Cambridge, and Exeter.

The TEF is a national scheme that rates universities and colleges on standards of teaching, learning, and graduate outcomes. The scheme is run by the Office for Students (OfS): England’s independent higher education regulator.

Warwick provides better outcomes than other universities for students from areas with low university attendance

A TEF rating provides students and parents with an independent evaluation of a university’s education quality, providing more context for students applying to English higher education institutions. Ratings are determined by a panel of experts, the majority of whom are academics and students.

Data suggests that Warwick provides better outcomes than other universities for students from areas with low university attendance. Other areas in which Warwick apparently excels include the quality of teaching and learning, as well as the ability of students to have their voices heard within departments and the wider university.

The achievement follows Warwick being ranked as a top 10 UK university by the Daily Mail, the Guardian, and The Times

Warwick’s Vice-Chancellor and President, Stuart Croft, lauded the results as “a phenomenal achievement”, calling Warwick staff and students “innovative and remarkable”.

The achievement follows Warwick being ranked as a top 10 UK university by the Daily Mail, the Guardian, and The Times. It is also in line with the results of the National Student Survey, where 82% of Warwick students said they would recommend that future students choose the University.