Image: WES

Warwick Economic Summit gears up for annual conference later this week

Warwick Economics Summit (WES) is set to run its annual conference later this week between the 10 and 12 February.

The summit, which is one of the largest student-run conferences in Europe, brings together a series of world leaders, academics, companies, and students from a variety of subject areas including economics and politics.

Having previously hosted speakers such as Ursula Von Der Leyen, this year’s line-up of speakers is set to include: the Governor of the Bank of Spain, Pablo Hernández de Cos; the 38th Prime Minister of Jordan Samir, Al Rifai; the King of Lesotho, Letsie III; Edmund Phelps, a Nobel Laureate for the analysis of intertemporal trade-offs in macroeconomic policy; and Janet Henry, a Chief Global Economist at HSBC.

Alongside various expert talks, seminars, and panels, the summit will also include networking opportunities, ‘Meet the Speaker’ events, and entertainment such as the WES annual Ball.

There will also be opportunities for students to learn more about possible career paths through seminars and panels run by WES partner organisations, as well as the chance to take part in other discussions in current affairs seminars.

To attend, students can purchase in-person tickets starting at £49 on the Warwick Student’s Union website, available here. Virtual tickets are also available and can be purchased on the WES website available here.