Image: Warwick University Mixed Netball
Image: Warwick University Mixed Netball

Warwick Mixed Netball feature in ITV News exclusive

Warwick University Mixed Netball club has starred in a feature on ITV news as part of coverage for a campaign to include netball for both genders at the Commonwealth Games. 

“When you think about [netball], you may associate it with girls and women,” the feature, which played in early January, said. “But now, men and boys are encouraged to get involved.”

The feature included an interview with a captain at Mixed Netball, Luke Goddard, a PPE student. 

Luke said: “I think nowadays the stigma around men playing netball has decreased, so that’s given more opportunities for men and boys to get involved with the sport.”

“But also its the founding of EMNA (England Mixed Netball Association), they’re volunteer based – which takes a lot of hard work and dedication – and that’s taken a while to grow.”

Warwick Mixed Netball has nearly 200 members, according to their SU profile

“We run a range of socials every week, so many of the people who have joined our have met some of their closest friends from university,” the profile continues. 

“We’re a close-knit group that anyone can fit into if you come along and join in, and we have a massively diverse body of students in our club, creating an environment in which it is possible to meet people from a huge range of backgrounds.”