Image: E Gammie/Geograph

University of Warwick launches ‘Resonate’ Festival

The University of Warwick has announced their Resonate programme, which will take place in the autumn and winter.

The festival is a year-long programme that hosts a multitude of interactive events that aim to bring life to the work of the University and inspire creativity and curiosity in and across Coventry and Warwickshire.  

In the past, the festival has explored themes such as invention, freedom, and words. The autumn plans began with a Resonate Lates event, which sought to reflect on the South Asian partition of 1947. This took place on Thursday 13 October at the Coventry Muslim Resource Centre.  

Resonate Lates will feature talks, poetry, and film screenings as well as reflections from University of Warwick scholars. 

Resonate events seek to incite audience participation by encouraging attendees to offer their own reflections on the content that is presented.  

University of Warwick’s Dr Kerry Baker, Associate Director at the Warwick Institute of Engagement, describes the upcoming autumn and winter programme as a “diverse mix of events” that will engage with “serious, internationally significant historic events” alongside showcasing topics and ideas through hands-on, practical activities.” 

As part of the new programme, an exhibition titled Constellations of HOME  ran from Monday 3 October to Thursday 27 October in the University of Warwick Faculty of Arts Building. It was an exhibition made in collaboration with individuals who have experienced homelessness in Coventry.  

On Monday 24 October, a second Resonate Lates event took place at Cheylesmore Community Centre. The event, aimed at 11–16-year-olds, was a night of games, challenges, and technology that linked to hobbies, physical activity, and wellbeing. 

Other events in the programme include the Screening Rights Film Festival, events from the ESRC Festival of Social Science, and a final Resonate Lates event which will seek to present the science, culture, and history around best-loved dishes.