Image: Amanda Slater / Wikimedia Commons

16-year-old arrested in connection with assault on 15-year-old in Leamington Spa

At around 9.30pm on April 21, a 15-year-old male was assaulted on Mason Avenue, Leamington Spa. A 16-year-old male has since been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent, and is currently being held in police custody.

The injuries sustained included suspected stab wounds to his head and back, and the victim was taken to hospital shortly after where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening. He has since been discharged. 

Police are currently appealing for further information and, according to an information appeal you can find here, suspect the involvement of three or four additional individuals who know the victim. 

Further, Investigating Officer, Det Sgt Pete Sherwood from Warwickshire Police, said: “A number of enquiries are currently ongoing and officers will be in the area over the coming days to conduct reassurance patrols.”

The Boar has contacted Warwickshire Police for any further comment regarding the incident. 

If you, or someone you know, has any additional information, please contact Warwickshire Police on 101 quoting incident number ‘376 of 21 April 2022’. 

Information can also be given to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their website