Warwick uni
Image:Unsplash

Library returns to 24 hour opening times and face-to-face teaching continues

As Term 2 commences, face-to-face teaching continues, live lectures have restarted, and the library have reverted to their 24 hour opening timetable last implemented in the academic year 2019-2020.

From 8:30am on 10 January, the library building will be open 24 hours a day. According to the University of Warwick, this was in response to high student demand, and to enable students to “better separate their study and personal environments to create a better study-life balance”.

The learning grids and PG hub will not be affected by this change and their opening hours will remain the same.

Further to this change, face-to-face teaching will resume this term and live lectures are now in place.

Face-to-face teaching will go ahead as planned, but it is recognised that we may need to be flexible with our teaching approach if there a large number of students or staff members self-isolating

– University of Warwick

The University have said: “Face-to-face teaching will go ahead as planned, but it is recognised that we may need to be flexible with our teaching approach if there a large number of students or staff members self-isolating.

“Given this, departments can and should apply discretion and be prepared to be flexible in how they deliver teaching.

“Colleagues in non-teaching departments should be prepared for staff shortages and consider what operations and functions need to be prioritised.”

According to a social media poll conducted by The Boar News , 77% of 162 students that participated are pleased with these changes.

Masks are now mandatory in study spaces, outlets, and buildings on campus. This includes when moving around buildings, and when seated in a study area or seminar. However, the University has announced that masks are not compulsory in cafés and restaurants, in the Sports and Wellness hub, or “when seated in a socially distanced manner in an office environment.”