A large number of cannabis plants seized after Police carry out drug raid on Bath street
Image: Unsplash / Ashley Harkness

A large number of cannabis plants seized after police carry out drug raid on Bath Street

Warwickshire Police carried out a drug raid at a house on Bath Street, Leamington Spa, on Wednesday 19 January. 

The police managed to take hold of more than 300 cannabis plants which were spread out across all five floors of the building. 

Warwickshire police posted a picture that showed a smashed glass door at the building in which the raid was carried out

The Police commented: “As part of Leamington Safer Neighbourhood Teams efforts to tackle drug dealing and use in the area, we have this morning executed a drugs warrant on Bath Street in Leamington Spa. 

At around 9am, with more than capable assistance from Warwickshire Polices ‘Tactical Support Team’, we forced entry to the premises and located a large cannabis grow containing over 300 plants”. 

After executing the raid, Warwickshire police stated that a 27 and a 23-year-old-man, both from Leamington Spa, have been arrested on suspicion of growing cannabis. At the time of writing, both are waiting in custody. 

We were asked to assist the police in the execution of a drugs warrant. Our involvement was to provide a survey of the roof space to assist the police

–Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service

The Warwickshire Fire and Rescue service helped the police to carry out the raid on the property. A spokeswoman for the Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were asked to assist the police in the execution of a drugs warrant. Our involvement was to provide a survey of the roof space to assist the police. 

We were at the scene for a little over an hour”, she added. 

The raid resulted in congested traffic forming along Bath Street as well as nearby roads. 

In the afternoon, the police released a statement, in which they said: “There is still a police presence in the area, with road closures in place while the premises are made safe. We thank the public for their patience, as we know this is causing delays in the area”. 

The Leamington Safer Neighbourhood team also commented, indicating that they are working to get the road open as soon as they are able to.