Image: University of Warwick / Wikipedia

Two deny stabbing at University of Warwick

Two individuals have denied stabbing a Warwick Law student, Ayaz Kazi, following legal proceedings.

According to Kenilworth Nub News, the two, Rohan Ahluwalia-Pandor of Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, and Anam Ausaf of London, pleaded not guilty of their charge of wounding with intent at Warwick Crown Court.

They were released on bail, and will stand trial at the court in August 2022.

This follows an incident at the Sherbourne Halls of Residence on Warwick campus, where Kazi suffered three knife wounds, says a previous report from the Warwick Tab.

Ahluwalia-Pandor and Ausaf were initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, with students evacuated from the Sherbourne residences.

Warwick’s official statement reads: “On Wednesday 17 November 2021, there was an incident at Sherbourne accommodation on campus. Three people were involved, and it resulted in one of them being taken to hospital with what are thought to be non life-threatening injuries.

“The individual is in a stable condition. We provided wellbeing support and alternative accommodation to students living in that accommodation overnight.”

The Telegraph reported that students evacuated from the block claimed a love affair dispute had led to the violence. Armed police were caught on videos on social media entering the accommodation, with the two arrests taking place shortly afterwards.

Legal proceedings at Warwick Crown Court took place on 17 December. Ahluwalia-Pandor and Ausaf have been charged with wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm. Such a sentence carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and can only be dealt with in the Crown Court, guidance from Spartans Law says.

Further updates on the legal situation with Ahluwali-Pandor and Ausaf are to be expected from their trial next August, following their not guilty plea.

This news follows The Boar’s initial coverage following the attack last month, which can be read here.