How to buy for someone who has it all

As the nights are getting darker, and the evenings are getting colder, that means one thing and one thing only: it’s Christmas. I love Christmas, not just because of the food and decorations, but also because it is a time of giving. I love buying presents at Christmas time, sharing the love for all of my family and friends, there is truly nothing better. 

However, every year it gets harder and harder to buy the perfect present. Everyone always has everything you can possibly think of, so buying presents becomes that much harder. I like to think that I am a pretty good present gifter. I usually find a present that is perfectly suited to whoever is receiving it, however after a couple of years it gets a lot more difficult. I feel like now I have mastered how to find the perfect present for someone who either has it all or someone who says they don’t want anything at all.

I have a massive list that I create throughout the year of quick mentions someone has made

To be able to buy the perfect present, it all depends on the person itself. The more personal, the better. You have to know their likes, interests and anything that they have mentioned in the past that they might want but have never bought themselves. I have a massive list that I create throughout the year of quick mentions someone has made of possible present ideas and I usually take inspiration from that list for present ideas. 

The first thing to do when buying presents at Christmas is to always set a budget. I have made this mistake many times in the past when I just get carried away and start buying everything possible that I think will be the perfect present. Now that I am a student I need to set a lower budget so that I can buy a lovely present and still have enough money to go grocery shopping. While a smaller budget means that the more expensive gifts are not within reach, the perfect present is always more personal anyway so a small budget is all that is needed.

To find the more personal present I always browse loads of different gift-giving websites, including NotontheHighstreet, to see if I see anything I like, or if they give me any inspiration for myself. These websites really are perfect as they mix everyday, ordinary presents, and make them personal, which I love. 

Anything with photos is a lovely and meaningful present that they will cherish

A classic present for men is a book of their favourite comedian, sportsperson, or anyone of interest in their hobbies or things they like. More classic presents are toiletries, shower gel, deodorant, aftershave and anything that smells nice. Socks and pants also do the job perfectly as they are always in high demand. However, these presents aren’t personal in any way and aren’t really sentimental; they are just stocking fillers.

So if you are looking for a more personal present for men then a personalised calendar with pictures for their desk or anything with photos is a lovely and meaningful present that they will cherish. Now for women, I always find them easier to buy for; maybe because I am a woman, but there always seems to be more variety out there for them. Whilst, like the men, toiletries are a perfect present, there are so many different avenues to go down for women.

Top up on the product they desperately want or use the most or get them something new

There are perfumes, makeup products, skincare products, and so much more. Either top up on the product they desperately want or use the most or get them something new that is on-trend that they can try. Another perfect present for women is either a scarf or makeup/toiletries bag, umbrella or socks. But yet again these presents aren’t personal in any way. 

There are perfect presents out there for everyone, it just may take a while to think of them, and come up with them. But only you can find that present, as only you know who you are buying for. The relationship you have with the person who is receiving your gift always determines the amount of time, and effort you are willing to put in. The best presents are the ones you have put time, thought and effort into, those are the presents that will be remembered and cherished the most.