Image: Wikimedia Commons / Ben Firshman

Warwick SU Societies Officer Olly Barron steps down

Olly Barron, the Warwick Students’ Union (SU) Societies Officer 2020-2021, has chosen to step down from his role early after receiving a permanent job offer.

The news was shared at 8am this morning via the Warwick SU news page.

It said: “Following the offer of a permanent job that was just too good to turn down, the SU Societies Officer (Olly Barron) has decided to end his term in office earlier than planned.”

In a statement, Olly said: “Thank you so much to all of the students and societies I’ve interacted with this year; it’s been so great to see so much enthusiasm and passion for the community in such a difficult year.

“I am sad to say I am leaving Warwick SU as I have secured a permanent position and, in the current climate, this is not something I wish to pass up.

“I wish everyone all the best for the upcoming academic year, and I’m excited to see what Chih-Hsiang will achieve during his term in office next year!”

Olly’s last day will officially be on 31 March. Usually, the Societies Officer would remain in their position until 31 July.

Chih-Hsiang Lo will be taking over the role of Societies Officer on 1 August, following the Spring 2021 elections which took place between 22 February and 26 February.