Image: Dean Williams Media
Image: Dean Williams Media

Preview: Leamington host high-flying Fylde in sixth tier contest

AFC Fylde travel to the Community Stadium this evening (24 November) to face Leamington FC as the National League North campaign continues. Paul Holleran’s side will be hoping to continue their fine run of form after beating play-off contenders Curzon Ashton on their travels at the weekend.

Fylde travel to Warwickshire after winning three of their last five fixtures, drawing once and falling to defeat against the Nash last time out. After seven matches, the Coasters sit second in the division, seven points behind Gloucester City – with two games in hand over their title rivals.

The Brakes’ start to the 2020/21 season has been blighted by the coronavirus, with members of the squad forced to isolate on two occasions so far this season. After six matches, Leamington sit fifteenth in the sixth tier, following two victories, two draws, and two losses.

The Coasters will arrive in Leamington to face a side that has experienced an upturn in form over the last seven days, with the Brakes securing back-to-back wins against top-half sides in Alfreton Town and Curzon Ashton.

Osbourne’s efforts earned him the Man of the Match accolade from both fixtures

Leamington rallied from 3-0 behind at half-time to secure a memorable 4-3 victory against Alfreton last Tuesday (17 November). Former Notts County winger Sam Osbourne was integral to the Brakes’ revival, scoring twice and providing the winning assist to skipper Jack Edwards.

Osbourne was equally influential away at Curzon Ashton, scoring the Brakes’ opening goal on course to a comfortable 3-0 away victory. Osbourne’s efforts earned him the Man of the Match accolade from both fixtures, solidifying his status as an early fan favourite among the Brakes faithful.

Fylde did not feature at the weekend, as their opponents, York City, completed the final days of their Covid-19 isolation period.

A victory for the Brakes could see Holleran’s side rise into the top half for the first time this season, while the visitors will be hoping to close the gap at the top of the standings to four points.

National League North Fixtures, Tuesday 24 November:

Gateshead – Gloucester City | 19:00

Hereford P – P York City

Darlington – Bradford Park Avenue | 19:45

Farsley Celtic – Chester | 19:45

Kettering Town – Guiseley | 19:45

Kidderminster Harriers – Alfreton Town | 19:45

Leamington – AFC Fylde | 19:45

The Boar Sport will be in attendance at this evening’s fixture. For updates, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.