Details of asymptomatic mass-testing for Warwick students announced

The asymptomatic mass-testing will be available for Warwick students from 30 November to 6 December, the University had confirmed.

Students without symptoms can book tests in the week commencing 23 November. Testing is taking place in The Slate from 8am to 8pm between Monday 30 November and Sunday 6 December.

The tests are self-administered and results will be available in an hour as lateral flow tests do not require a laboratory for results to become available.

If the result is negative, students are then required to take another test three days later, as lateral flow tests have “the potential to miss some Covid-19 positive cases”. Once a second negative result is received, students are being advised to travel home within 24 hours.

Students who receive a positive test result will be required to self-isolate for 10 days. As there is a possibility of results being false positives, individuals who receive a positive result “need to book a confirmatory PCR test to make sure the result is correct”.

The tests are not compulsory but are “strongly recommended” by the University.

Students who have coronavirus symptoms are being advised to get tested using the Warwick Test & Trace service. Those who are self-isolating are also being advised to remain in self-isolation.

The University has also confirmed that in line with government guidance, teaching in week 10 will be delivered online.

They added: “Some tests will happen in the following week to cover those students who have lab-based work in week 10.”

More information can be found here.