Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick SU confirms the launch of “COVID-secure” POP!

Warwick Students’ Union (SU) has confirmed that POP! will be returning to The Copper Rooms in a “COVID-secure manner”.

The Wednesday night event will be returning in week 3 (21 October). Disco Dave will be making an appearance from 20:00 until 21:30, followed by his weekly livestream from 22:00 to 00:00.

Doors open at 18:00 with the bar open from 18:00 to 21:15.

Clubs and societies can book up to three tables of six people for £3 per person. Tables will be socially-distanced and attendees are not allowed to move between tables.

Other requirements include wearing face coverings for entry, exit and when moving around the venue.

The Copper Rooms will be operating table service only. Other SU outlets, including Terrace Bar, The Dirty Duck and Curiositea, are also offering table service.

The SU has also said that “music will stop playing at 21:30 and attendees will be asked to leave in a socially-distanced manner”.

“To ensure that gathering outside the venue or on the piazza is minimalised, all attendees will be directed to exit via Whitefield’s doors.

“Attendees will be asked to leave row by row”.

Societies Officer Olly Barron commented: “Students have been asking for something in person for a while, so to provide we have brought back a POP!-themed social event in a COVID-secure manner. We are hoping that providing social opportunities in a controlled manner will reduce uncontrolled activity while also giving students an opportunity to meet in person.”

Tickets for week 3 have sold out and clubs and societies can be added to a waiting list for tickets.