Eating at Warwick scheme to be discontinued on 31 March 2021

The University of Warwick has announced that the Eating at Warwick scheme will be discontinued on 31 March 2021.

The scheme was meant to end on 31 July 2020, but the deadline was extended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The University said: “The technology that underpins the Eating at Warwick scheme has reached end of life so the scheme will be discontinued on 31 March 2021, having been in operation in its current format for over a decade and become outdated.

“There will be no immediate replacement from 31 March 2021. However, with the world changing around us due to COVID 19, and with more high-street brands coming onto campus, we recognise that this is a timely opportunity to identify a modern and more relevant solution that better meets the needs of our campus community and changing retail model.”

The scheme allowed staff and students to top up their Eating at Warwick account and use the credit in food and retail outlets across campus, with most offering a 10% discount when used.

For students and staff who still have credit on their Eating at Warwick account, the University said they have until 31 March 2021 “to use the remaining balance on your card to purchase food and drink at participating University owned cafes, bars and restaurants”.

They added: “Although we are advising everyone to spend their balance on campus where possible, should you wish to get a refund of your outstanding balance please complete the withdrawal form.”