years abroad
Image: The Boar

BREAKING: Warwick’s Vice-Chancellor and SU President confirm cancellation of Term 3 in-person exams

The University of Warwick has confirmed to The Boar that all in-person exams are to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a statement released by Vice-Chancellor Stuart Croft and Warwick Students’ Union (SU) President, Ben Newsham, they confirmed “there will be no face to face assessments in term three” and “there will be no face to face teaching”.

Academic departments are “working to identify alternative modes of assessment”. Students can expect their department to contact them in the coming days if they have not been contacted already.

The University said that it is also “supporting staff to explore working from home”, as well as “advice on how best to use a range of IT Services tools” to ensure that online lessons can be coordinated.

Students who are still on campus, or are unable to travel home “will be able to to use campus accommodation if required”.

The University, along with the library and other study spaces will remain open for the “time being”.

The statement continued: “We have no doubt that this University will have to make additional changes to its activities in the near future. Nonetheless, we will continue in the delivery of education and research, we will continue to be an active partner for those in the region and around the country.

“In this period, please do take care of yourselves, your families and our community. Please continue to wash your hands thoroughly and regularly. Practice social distancing. If in doubt, self-isolate. And please continue to pay close attention to further updates that we will send to you by email, supported by our regularly updated FAQs online (https://warwick.ac.uk/insite/coronavirus/).”