A close fought contest leads to Coventry’s victory in Snowsports

Despite it being cold and late, Warwick Snow’s friendly Varsity with Coventry Snowsports had numerous spectators from both Universities and all competitors were cheered on throughout the competition. The day started with the individual ski races and Warwick Snow legacy Sam Holt proved again that he never fails to impress with the first place for the men’s competition. And while Holt ploughed on ahead, Coventry was never far behind and grabbed second place. Warwick Snow’s Alexis Juteau managed to follow closely and placed third after a difficult and impressive race. 

Warwick were pushing forward and trying their hardest to attain victory

Straight after the men’s were the women’s individual races. Warwick Snow’s Lizzie Roberts achieved an incredible first place despite the pressure and intense competition. Not long after Andrew Waters also managed to place first in the snowboarding individuals meaning that Warwick were pushing forward and trying their hardest to attain victory.

The dual ski races were tense as Warwick Snow and Coventry Snowsports tied for points but despite the success in the individual races, Coventry edged the majority of the competitions, emerging as the overall winner. Nevertheless, the great and upbeat atmosphere of the event made it worthwhile for all competitors and spectators.