The perfect day trips

The perfect day trips for the end of term

Whilst many of you will still be suffering, I am one of the lucky ones who has finished their assessments already. This means that I have basically watched everything that Netflix has to offer (including the whole Twilight saga again) and I am now bored. As my friends begin to finish their studies, however, more options are open to me for how I can be entertained. Day trips are now how I plan to spend the days when I am not at my part time job, and I can’t wait to explore what gems the West Midlands has to offer.

With a range of activities offering great indoor and outdoor experiences, it is a nice day out to break away from the university grind and also celebrate all of the hard work you have done this year. Don’t be afraid to try something new and even something that doesn’t look to be exactly for those our age – sometimes we need to awaken the child within us, and one of the best places for this is Drayton Manor.

Plantasia in Atherstone sounds like a good place to reconnect with nature and enjoy a long walk

I have already been to Drayton Manor, which is a half hour away from Coventry. Although it’s not the best theme park for adrenaline seekers, it’s a brilliant day out for couples and friends wanting to be children again. The small zoo there is surprisingly full of clearly cared for animals and there are plenty of benches to sit on and watch as the world passes by. The best part of this area, however, is probably the dinosaur park that can be found if you walk to the end of the zoo. As well as this, Drayton Manor has some good rides including a log flume and a few rollercoasters and the food is reasonably priced. Make sure to book your tickets online beforehand, however, because you can save more than £10 per ticket by buying in advance.

Somewhere I haven’t visited yet but am hoping to soon may sound boring to some, but having come from a town surrounded by fields myself, I am intrigued. Plantasia in Atherstone sounds like a good place to reconnect with nature and enjoy a long walk. Featuring a few farm animals and the UK’s largest collection of permanent mazes, this attraction is mainly aimed at families, but don’t let this stop you from enjoying the outdoors! If you want a walk to clear your head or a change of scenery, this is the perfect destination for you.

The Bear Grylls Adventure challenges you to take on an assault course, zip wire and high ropes course

Although I enjoy being outdoors, I’m also excited to go to Birmingham’s Resorts World, which is a mere 15 minutes from Coventry by train. Resorts World boasts its own man-made ‘beach’ and a lovely shopping centre with plenty of restaurants.

Across from this is the Bear Grylls Adventure which challenges you to take on an assault course, zip wire and high ropes course. This thrill-packed centre even offers indoor sky diving and diving with sharks, so whatever you want to achieve, you can find it here. Although I’m interested in going here, I might stick to the shops myself – the fear of meeting my deadlines was enough of a thrill to last the rest of the year for me.